Mortgage advisors ask us two questions on a regular basis:
- How do I attract mortgage customers?
- How do I advertise myself as a mortgage agent?
The answer to both questions lies in choosing the right content for mortgage advisors to post online.
As a mortgage advisor, having a strong online presence couldn’t be more important. Today’s marketplace is highly competitive, so finding ways to bring in new clients and to raise awareness of your brand is imperative.
However, with so many different companies competing within the mortgage advisory arena, it can be difficult to make your business stand out. That’s where creating the right mortgage broker content comes in.
Strong and engaging content can set your business apart from the crowd, but what form should that content take?
Here, we take a closer look at some of the best content for mortgage advisors to post online today.
1. Valuable Blog Posts
Every mortgage agent should have a blog, so if you don’t, it’s time to launch one now!
Valuable blog posts are the cornerstone of attracting new customers and retaining the interest of those you already have. Blog posts can be harnessed to provide vital information and answers to the questions your clients and prospects are asking about obtaining a mortgage.
Not only can they enhance your reputation as an expert in the industry, but they are also ripe for sharing on social media to widen your audience and bring in even more clients.
Blog content should seek to address the issues and pain points that customers who are in the market for a mortgage are experiencing right now.
Some ideas for suitable articles include:
- What costs are involved in taking out a mortgage?
- What size mortgage can I get based on my income?
- Can I get a mortgage if I have bad credit?
2. Social Media Content
Social media platforms represent an excellent tool that mortgage advisors can harness in order to boost their brand visibility, enhance their authority, and reach a wider audience. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linked In are all helpful platforms that can further your content marketing goals, especially as they all work for easy sharing of your content to broaden your scope.
There is a wide range of social media content that you can post on these platforms.
- Short videos and photographic content work especially well on Instagram showing behind-the-scenes stories of a mortgage advisor’s role, explaining niche topics concisely, or introducing key members of your team to show the human face behind your organisation.
- Facebook and Twitter are ideal places to share your existing website blog posts and to post testimonials from satisfied clients.
- All social media sites are a great place to promote your brand through competitions, polls, and other interactive content.
3. Video Content
Video content is big news right now, and it’s rapidly becoming a popular form of content across virtually every industry. Videos are easy to consume and are extremely accessible. They don’t require prospective customers to read wordy articles or scroll through long pages, all they have to do is sit back, relax and take in the information.
Videos also allow you to reveal the human face of your brand to your prospects and clients, and this allows for greater engagement and an opportunity to build stronger relationships.
There are lots of different options when it comes to creating engaging video content for mortgage advisors.
Some examples include:
- Explainer videos that convey niche or complex topics in an easy-to-understand way
- “Behind-the-scenes” videos that explain what mortgage advisors actually do in context
- News updates from the local property market
4. Lead Magnets
Another important form of mortgage broker content to consider posting online right now is the “lead magnet” – a digital asset, for example, a checklist, booklet, or eBook that is offered for free to bring in more prospective clients.
To receive the offer, prospects have to supply their contact information, helping you to increase your email list and, thus, develop your prospect pipeline.
Lead magnets can also build up brand authority and trust in your business. By demonstrating your expertise in your field, you can increase your brand’s credibility and drive up conversions.
Some examples of lead magnet content for mortgage advisors include:
- An eBook about the various types of mortgage available and how to choose between them
- A checklist of documents to prepare when making a mortgage application
- A step-by-step guide to making your home loan application
Of course, these aren’t the only types of mortgage broker content that you should post online, but they represent some of the most valuable and engaging options. If you’ve been asking “how do you attract mortgage customers”, these top suggestions for content for mortgage advisors could be the perfect place for you to begin.
Get Expert Help
If you want to know more about how you can improve your mortgage advisor website in 2022 and generate new leads, Content For Mortgage Advisors can help!
Contact us today for personalised advice about how to improve your content marketing strategy or check out our content subscription package for mortgage advisors to learn more about how we can help your business thrive.